Dbacks Day is this Saturday, April 26th. The game starts at 5:10 PM so please plan on arriving no later than 3:45 if you plan on participating in the parade. The guidelines are listed below and can be found at this link: http://mlb.mlb.com/ari/ticketing/azallstars.jsp
PARADE TIMELINE: (All times are approximate)
1.5 Hours Before Game Time: All participants should report together to section 110 on the right field side of the main concourse. Exit through Gate J to line up. Please locate your organization’s name (signs will be posted) and begin lining up with your team.
1 Hour Before Game Time: Participants will be directed to the field where they will parade towards left field on the outfield warning track. All non-participants will need to re-enter Chase Field at this time.
50 Minutes Before Game Time: Parade begins
- No gathering or stopping for photos. Please keep parade moving at all times.
- Participants must stay on warning track, and off grass at all times. Please do not ask for autographs. It is a privilege to be on the field. Be respectful.
- No jumping against the walls during the parade.
- Only uniformed participants will be permitted to participate.
- Parents and family members and any non-participating children will not be permitted on the field. Family and friends can view the parade from the seating areas of Chase Field or the main concourse.
- As participants reach the left field line, they will begin exiting the field through the gates at Sections 132, 133, & 134. Parents should wait on the main concourse to meet their children.
- Participants should have their own tickets and know where their seats are located.
- Due to large volume of participants, we will attempt to clear the field prior to the National Anthem. If the Anthem does begin during exiting, everyone must stop in observance until the end of the performance.
- Wheelchair accessibility exiting will be back to the right field corner, where they originally entered the field.
Little League International takes pitch counts very seriously. As such, we will be publishing pitch counts for each player under our Schedule/Standings page.
The rules for pitch counts are as follows:
Maximum pitches allowed in a single day:
Age 11-12: 85 pitches per day
Age 9-10: 75 pitches per day
Age 7-8: 50 pitches per day
If a player throws 66 or more pitches in a day, four calendar days of rest are required.
If a player throws 51-65 in a day, three calendar days of rest are required.
If a player throws 36-50 or more pitches in a day, two calendar days of rest are required.
If a player throws 21-35 pitches in a day, one calendar day of rest are required.
If a player throws 1-20 pitches in a day, zero calendar days of rest are required.
Opening Day is almost here and we have a lot of fun activities planned for everyone! Opening ceremonies start at 9 am, but please plan to arrive early to start enjoying the festivities and get a good parking spot.
We are going to have a bounce house and inflatable obstacle course from 8 am – 1 pm. Starting at 10 am, coaches will be in the dunk tank and kids can get 3 balls for $2 – don’t miss the chance to dunk your coach!
There will be a 50/50 Raffle, as well as Raffle Items and Silent Auction. A few of the available items are an Autographed Phoenix Suns photo, Autographed Arizona Cardinals Ball, Batting Cage Time, Restaurant Gift Cards, 2 Party Grills, and a Suite at the Diamondbacks Game (minimum bid on suite is $1000).
We are having the MidFirst Coin Van to help raise money – please have your players bring their spare change, and the team with the most money collected will win a team party.
There will be cotton candy, shave ice, and full concession stand available for purchase.
We hope to see you all out there for a whole day of fun!
The Parent Meeting will take place on Tuesday, 2/18, starting at 6:30pm. All teams will be finalized this weekend so you will receive an email notifying you of your coach and team name then.
Minors Tryouts are tonight. Please show up at 5:30 to warm up so that we are ready to start at 6pm. Last night’s Majors tryouts went smoothly so we’re hoping for another good showing.
Makeup tryouts are Saturday at 9am (show up by 8:30 to warm up). If you are younger than 9 and want to play in Minors this year, you have to try out or you will be placed in Farm.
We’re just one week away from the start of our 2014 Spring Season so here are a few dates for you to put on your calendars. Please note: Unless otherwise stated, all events take place at Nozomi Field (Frye/Kyrene).
- Wednesday, 2/12: Major Tryouts. All players trying out for Majors need to show up at 5:30 to register and warm up.
- Thursday, 2/13: Minor Tryouts. All players tryout of for Minors need to show up at 5:30 to register and warm up.
- Saturday, 2/15: Makeup Tryouts: All players who missed tryouts (regardless of Minor/Major Division) need to show up at 8:30am to register and warm up.
- Tuesday, 2/18: Parent Meeting. All players from Tball, Farm, Minors and Majors will meet their teammates and coaches. Prior to this you will be contacted by your coach.
- Saturday, 2/22: Practices begin. Teams will practice twice a week prior to the start of games.
- Monday, 3/17: Games Begin
- Saturday, 3/22: Opening Day Festivities
Due to the number of players trying out this year, we have made a slight change to our Tryout Schedule this year.
Majors Tryouts (11-12 year olds) will be held Wednesday, February 12th, at 6pm at Nozomi Field. Please show up at least 30 minutes early to check in, get your tryout number and warm up.
Minors Tryouts (9-10 year olds) will be held Thursday, February 13th, at 6pm at Nozomi Field. Please show up at least 30 minutes early to check in, get your tryout number and warm up.
Makeup Tryouts will be held Saturday, February 15th at 9am at Nozomi Field for all players unable to attend the other two dates. Please show up at least 30 minutes early to check in, get your tryout number and warm up.
Any 8 year olds wanting to play up in Minors needs to attend a tryout or they will not be considered.
Additionally: All Tball and Farm players should stop by during one of these three dates to try on their uniform shirt to be sized for their uniforms. We have very special uniforms this year (more info on that later) and we have a time crunch involved with ordering them.
The next onsite registration for Chandler American Little League will be this Saturday, January 25th, from 10am-noon at Nozomi Field. We have a mere three weeks until tryouts begin so please don’t delay in registering.
If you plan on playing with us this year (or know someone who is) and haven’t registered, please do so as soon as possible. Once again, you are always able to register at this very instant by going to http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=2116655
In response to the multitude of questions on the subject: Tryouts for Majors and Minors will be Wednesday, Feb 12th and Saturday Feb 15th. Please note:
1. You only need to attend one of those tryouts.
2. Wednesday’s runs from 6pm and should wrap up no later than 7:30. We try to get the younger kids through first since it’s a school night. So the 11/12 year olds may start a little after 6pm.
3.Saturday’s tryout runs from 9am until approximately noon since we typically have more kids tryout that day. 11/12 year olds can show up around 10am.
4. Tryouts start promptly at 6pm and 9am on those days. Please make sure they are signed in, have received their tryout number, and are warmed up prior to the start of the tryout. I strongly urge you to show up 30 minutes early.